View Single Post
Unread 02-12-2015, 03:18 AM

The URL is coming from Wordpress, maybe they were down or having problems? Maybe it's a ghost skull?

This background looks blue to me as well. I also enjoy the relationship between the background patterns and the skull forms. There's a pleasing rhythm between these swirls and that purple eye hole. At first, I felt that the depression near the skull's temple was a bit flat and lacking detail, but now I like it because it doesn't compete with that eye as a focal point and it works so well with the main background swirl. That accent of green is perfectly lovely-creepy, as if this skull is not entirely dry yet, or has just been dug up.

I get a strong feeling of legs from the way this sits on the table with these two remaining teeth.

I am not sure how I feel about the table top not being level. It's not so far off level as to be purposely on a diagonal. It's close enough to level to give me the urge to straighten that painting. But I wonder, if it were perfectly level would it make the painting less interesting? I don't know. If it were skewed even more would that introduce one-too-many new ideas and wreck it?

Is this uneven because it's not the edge of the table but the fabric remnant is draping onto the table? If so maybe it could use a slight highlight on that drape in front of the nose? maybe a bit of blurring where the table meets fabric behind the skull? If there is draping happening here, I am not getting that at all, just flat background meets table.