View Single Post
Unread 06-28-2019, 06:47 AM

James: "Biden is not my first choice, but, for me, keeping that thing from getting four more years eclipses everything else."

Yes, but I don't think Biden can win. Who can win? Warren can win if she tones down her economic saber rattling and speaks to the younger population, gets AOC onboard with her -- that kind of thing.

Another plus for Warren is that she has been victimized by Trump's bullying and I've always thought that it will be his bullying that will finallydo him in. It would be poetic justice watch him punch himself in the face.

I like Mayor Pete for his strength of character. Most of those running are already showing signs of parroting designed to win over blocks of voters. Not that it's a bad thing. But I think the way to separate yourself from the pack early-on and connect with the hearts and minds of voters is to shun that approach in favor of being authentic.

Yes, Twain is the greatest. But Maher is in the tradition of great satirists who are politically astute without being political.

Coming back to add that I think, too, we desperately need a woman's (the right woman's) POV. Desperately.
x
x

Last edited by Jim Moonan; 06-28-2019 at 06:53 AM.