View Single Post
Unread 06-29-2005, 10:02 AM

David, that's a very generous comment, especially coming from you, and I'm more pleased than I can say that you think so. I love Housman's clarity. Thank you for saying such a kind thing.

Jim, thank you dear. It's perceptive of you to interpret "Ark" as a poem about mothering; that's true of course, even though I was thinking about these outre global weather anomalies when I wrote it. The weather wouldn't be so threatening, though, if one weren't worried about children. (As with everything else that's threatening.) Thanks for helping me see another side of the poem. That elephant poem is super! Probably "Dolpo Dog" and "Vivienne and Vita" reveal more about my own family than anything else in the book, but that one does as well, as you say.

Michael, I didn't even know you had a copy of the book. (Are you related to Marion Shore, by the way? I've sometimes wondered about that.) Thank you, enjoy, and good digesting!

Bob, thanks a bunch, I appreciate your approval. You must be hip-deep in packing boxes now, and I don't envy you that. I hope the move is good for you and the divine S and L (not Savings and Loan).

Terese

[This message has been edited by Terese Coe (edited June 30, 2005).]