Thread: Measure Closing
View Single Post
Unread 03-19-2018, 10:41 AM

If people would like to make more confidential comments about various venues, there's a "Pub" forum specifically for that purpose, in the password-protected Eratosphericals zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Szilvasy View Post
I'm glad I'm wrong about it. Duotrope doesn't list it anymore and the website doesn't have anything since 2016. Hiatus, or just letting the website fall behind?
The editor, William Thompson, made post #16 in this very thread yesterday. Perhaps he'll weigh in again.

"Lavender Review: Alive and Kicking, but for LGBT only"

Actually, Lavender Review is intended to appeal to a lesbian audience and to promote lesbians' art and poetry, but it's far more open to submissions by non-LGBT people (and on non-LGBT-specific topics) than that might imply. The editor is our Mary Meriam.

"Mezzo Cammi (F): Alive and Kicking, women only"

You need an "n" at the end of "Cammin." Yes, it accepts submissions only from women, which is why I'm personally not comfortable being published there. (Not that I feel morally superior to those who do--it's just not for me. I appreciate the need for safe spaces, but I don't like exclusivity. Lavender Review's more open approach is better, I think.)

Last edited by Julie Steiner; 03-19-2018 at 10:44 AM.