Thread: Amanda Gorman
View Single Post
Unread 01-25-2021, 01:44 PM

Chris & Shaun.

Quit it.
I have absolutely nothing against her and admired her performance.
I don't think we are obligated NOT to deviate at all from the main focus of the discussion.

I LIKED her fashion-statement too, which is why I was interested in the headband to begin with. I guess you're so used to headbands being that price that the amusement failed to be amusement for you. So be it.

But you don't have to resort to slinging paranoid nonsense. An on-the-side comment about a fashion-accessory is obviously NOT an attack to anyone who is in a sober frame of mind. Labelling it as an attack really just suggests an eagerness to interpret and exaggerate something one doesn't like in the worst possible way in order to try to justify slinging accusations and labels.

Quote:
Oprah Winfrey befriended her and is something of a mentor to her. She gifted Gorman the earrings and headband that she wore to the Inauguration.
Oprah gave her the jewelry, not the headband, from what I read. Watch out. Someone might accuse you of being prejudiced and suggesting she couldn't afford at least the headband.

Last edited by Kevin Rainbow; 01-25-2021 at 11:40 PM.