View Single Post
Unread 08-30-2010, 03:46 PM

Thanks, John. Good one, Donna.

I've played with two other possibilities. Since each entry costs money, I don't want to enter all three that I've done, though I might consider entering two. Are either of these worth the six bucks?

1) When all was said and done, I asked myself, what had I learned? Two hundred people were dead, including the woman who bore my children. As I sat there in the train station watching smoldering flames send smoke up into the night sky strobed by ambulance lights illuminating the worst rail disaster in human history, I suddenly understood that it not always wise to pursue the dreams of our fathers. No matter what I had been taught since I was a small child, I was simply not cut out to be a switchman.

2) Many years have passed, and I can't help wondering what life would have been like if I had ascended to the mother ship when the alien projected the photon beam and sent me the telepathic invitation promising immortal bliss. Still, I don't regret my decision. What good is immortal bliss without Sally?

Last edited by Roger Slater; 08-30-2010 at 03:48 PM.