View Single Post
Unread 01-27-2019, 11:49 PM
Administrator

Hi Annie ... and all--

First, thanks!

And now, as for guidelines, there's really nothing new: just keep doing what you've been doing because no post here should be able to mess up the site. In other words, you can pretty much post anything (that the site allows you to post) with no adverse consequence to the forums--i.e., short of what a knowledgeable, nefarious hacker might attempt with destructive intent (but which also shouldn't succeed based on all the security safeguards I have in place and have recently updated to harden the server even more than before!).

Still, what else can be done for safeguarding the integrity of posts is really in my court, and I've just done it by increasing the frequency of the daily site backup and imaging. The catch, though, is that while the increased frequency will ensure an even smaller loss of data in the even of an incident, it also: A) puts more load on the server (which might manifest itself in a slower loading of the Eratosphere and other forum-related operations ... but hopefully, it will be negligible enough and not noticeable); and B) it will consume more disk space, filling it up faster (meaning, ultimately paying a higher subscription dues to the server hosting company for a bigger disk space, and for the same reason, to the offsite/external backup company I've recently also signed up for as an additional safeguard).

All in all, though, I believe the character-code problem should now be behind us, as should most of the software incompatibility issues resulting from the post-crash system restoration (although that problem, unfortunately, persists with the Able Muse website proper, and I'm yet to fully figure it out!).

Anyhow, I wish you all, hopefully, a return to the carefree times of a problem-free server--where you can view it as an unobtrusive tool in the background you don't need to worry about ... and all you need think of is the outpouring of your creative talents in your posts and comments!

Cheers,
...Alex