View Single Post
Unread 01-21-2015, 11:16 PM

Rick, I saw this without the foreground at first too and the tree branches were very striking that way. I am still contemplating which I like best. I just love the delicious contrast between the strong detail of the building which looks almost carved, and the progressively simpler, softer elements. You have a way of focusing our attention like a lens.

Digital art can be "real" art, absolutely. However, you can't take an oil painting and fix it digitally, can you? You can make changes in a physical piece of art, whatever it be, but there comes a point where it gets overworked looking and ruined.

The computer is a wonderful tool though. One thing a person can do is make digital copies and make the changes on these copies; pin them up and live with them awhile. Later the changes are planned and decided, reducing the chance of the dreaded overworked look happening.

One situation I am having right now is, I have an unfinished painting from 1982, of my first apartment as a newlywed. I want to finish it, but I don't want to touch it. My daughter actually freaked out at the idea, having known this painting all her life. Solution...I will have a digital copy printed on canvas and go from there. Why not?