Thread: Lakeside
View Single Post
Unread 08-30-2014, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon Passmore View Post
The landscape is pleasing enough. The scrap bag feels like a nice beginning and could really sing if the swatches had some details. The composition, being centered like that, is a little static. I am dying to try this ArtRage now. The great thing about digital art is that you can work on a copy and never screw up the original.

My question is - are these really this small? Because what if an experiment develops into something genius?? At this size it couldn't be printed at any decent quality, not submitted to a competition, not be a book cover, etc...And by the time you find you love it it's too late.

After reading your comment, I added details to some of the swatches. Don't know if those details improve Grandma's Scrapbag or not. I'm attaching version #2 (below), thinking it might be better to just begin a new painting.

In reply to your question about the size of these paintings. Before working on a painting, you can change the size as well as the number of pixels per inch. I have been, however, using ArtRage presets (because I have yet to read the users manual) and, while working with the canvas onscreen, I usually keep the magnification such that the painting area is about 8 x 6 inches . . . unless I decide to zoom in or out, of course.

Thank you for commenting, Sharon. I appreciate it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Grandma's Scrapbag - version 2.jpg
Views:	1181
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	817