Thread: Indictment Day
View Single Post
Unread 11-20-2017, 03:41 PM

The part about shoving his tongue into her mouth has not been confirmed by Franken, who tactfully says he remembers it differently (rather than screaming that the woman is a liar who pals around with Hannity), and there are many circumstances that lead me to believe that she is not accurately reporting what happened.

I don't feel like going over every last bit of evidence, but for now let me mention one thing that makes me doubt her. She claimed that Franken wrote the script in 2006 at the last minute for no other reason that to have an excuse to kiss her. But it turns out that:

A. This was a standard USO set-piece that she and Franken actually performed in their 2003 USO shows, and it probably predates even those shows, and

B. One of the lines she reads from the script is "You just wrote that to have an excuse to kiss me!", before proceeding to say she'd rather kiss one of the soldiers (and then doing so).

In other words, her memory of what happened is so shaky and unreliable that she didn't even remember that the script wasn't new, and she invented the part about his having cooked up the script just to be able to kiss her, not recalling that this was a joke in the script itself.

There are other circumstances as well, but I need to stop now.