View Single Post
Unread 06-05-2017, 01:32 AM

Default Testing, testing, 123

Let's try one amazing quote.

I was reading Wikipedia's article on Maxim Gorky (having originally been appalled by one quote of his I read, which I will get to later), and happened on a fantastic set of words:

Quote:
In 1916, Gorky said that the teachings of the ancient Jewish sage Hillel the Elder deeply influenced his life: "In my early youth I read...the words of...Hillel, if I remember rightly: 'If thou art not for thyself, who will be for thee? But if thou art for thyself alone, wherefore art thou'?
This is a fantastic statement, and may act as a springboard for better communication among us Spherians.

I won't write a lot here, but only offer what I've written in my own blogs, and may have written at Eratosphere. My memory is terrible, please bear with me.

Quote:
The only way to protect the community is by exalting the individual; and the only way to protect the individual, is by preserving the community. - Moi
Sounds like a contradiction, but, in my many years of ferverish study, I have come to the conclusion that it's true.

It's NOT an either/or game. The truth, and the best means to safeguard humanity, is not on the left, or the right, but in the middle.*

Thoughts?

*The Point. As mentioned by Julian of Norwich, and Euclid, is the beginning. It's where it starts, everything. Think Big Bang, think geometry. Geometry starts with a point, and draws a line. And goes from there.

Reality, the truth, is in the middle. Sound like Woo? It's not. It's reality.

Last edited by William A. Baurle; 06-05-2017 at 01:38 AM.