View Single Post
Unread 08-01-2020, 10:39 AM

OK, Kevin, Julie, Nemo, Chris, James, Maryann, and all the ships at sea, and entities in the distributed States and the world Anglosphere, thanks!

I decided to use Kelsay because Kelsay said Yes in a very nice way. Also because Kelsay has standards for my kind of book that require lots of previous publications in the book, which meant that the judgement of other editors has shown that the poems as a whole are worthy. I liked that! If I went the self-publication route for my first book, it’s quite possible that my unsupported affection for some items could create an inferior product. It’s like doing your own dentistry. Extensive previous publication does show something. But since often in the past I’ve had a lot of other obligations and being a perfectionist, I didn’t write as often as I wanted to. I’ve not been super prolific. So far.

I’ve reread everything that my publisher sent me. There’s ambiguity about blurbs. There’s some wiggle room, but they seem to be assumed.

A whole bookshelf of mine is full of books with different merits mostly bought at New York readings. I got Michael’s Furusato from him by mail. I think his is the only Kelsay imprint I have.

So, my question now is, of those on Eratosphere who have published with Kelsay, can you tell me, here or by private message, what did you do for the back cover? Was it blurbs? Was it something else?

I want this to remain a general interest thread. Also I do think Kelsay’s approach is wise. They make a nice book.