Thread: 1984
View Single Post
Unread 03-14-2018, 10:01 AM

Andrew,

I should hope that no one here is so uncivil and dishonest as to reject those things that are redemptive in anyone, nor should anyone be so daft and deceived as support a man's works that are wrong out of blind loyalty.

My point is simply that I tire of the hypocrisy. All of the true faults of our president are brought out like gossip, while all the true faults of our previous president and the previous Democratic nominee are glossed over and "justified."

For myself, I oppose all things that I believe are wrong and support all things that are right, regardless of the man or woman who does them.

The timing of my writing this should not be suspicious at all since during the previous administration I was not here. Forgive me if you thought I was justifying any falsehoods with the president. Though I do support our president in many things, I have been critical in many as well--one has been his "saying one things and then saying he never said that." (I have also been critical of Obama, who did the same; Clinton, who did the same; Bush, who did the same...)

My principle point was that we act as if what bad things that Trump does is something new, when it is nearly as old as Adam. History is my witness. And then we act as if Trump can do no good. Which is a ridiculous exaggeration.

So no, I do not defend Trump's lies or any wrong he does, but I will defend him when he speaks well and does well. Both I hope, we all do, as we would expect others to do for us.

Sincerely,
PM