View Single Post
Unread 10-13-2013, 07:40 AM

Then I started laying in the composition...

Next I started applying the forest which is made of strips of tulle; mesh bags from fruit, specifically lemons; and fussy-cut motifs from wallpaper samples. Some of the bright yellow was painted as well.

I also applied some new wood veneer on top of the old because I hated the face. I did not mind the added height of the additional veneer because her hair is going to be made of blown out cassette tape and it will be higher anyway.

Most of the black that you see in her clothing will eventually be armor made of yogurt lids; coffee can seals; and granola bar wrappers, so you must imagine this as silver not black.

Next, I started to enhance the details of her face with colored pencil, and the details of the forest with beads. I applied beads to her eyes too.

So that's where I am now

But I can't even begin the middle ground foliage nor the palm of her hand till I know what's in it. Some thoughts I had...

The Earth? Too preachy about the environment.

An uncut yogurt lid? Also too preachy.

A sword? Well, by the position of her hand, that would have to balance horizontally and that would take it right across her armor. This is why bass-ackwards is bad.

A star, a heart....eh. Too cliche.

A bird? Maybe.

My daughter was surprised that there would be anything in her hand and she want's it empty. My problem with that is, if she were reaching out, here eyes should be on the viewer. What do you think?

Any fabulous ideas, Folks?