Thread: No name yet
View Single Post
Unread 02-13-2015, 06:16 AM

Thank you, Václav and Ross.

Václav, I love that you see a monk in there. Yes, it was inadvertent, but I'll take it. I'm sure that a texture like this can suggest many pictures. As a monk, I'd like him to be an Asian monk sitting cross legged with his back to us, but I think this is really a woman in a long dress with a feathered skirt (the blue-grey shrub). She is swaying to music alone because her date is late and we can see him running to her on the left. Now that I look at this I realize I must get rid of the rubber duckie though.

The chair is one of the areas that is not finished yet. It has only the base coat of color so far and I am not sure what I will do with it. I feel like it stands out quite a bit, being such a bright white and I don't know if I like that yet. I never intended to leave it that color but now I don't know.

Ross, Let me say, if you ever paint in the fall, take a picture at the beginning because by the end your leaves may not be there anymore. So, my top leaves being gone, I started to play. I made the dots at the top bigger intentionally, trying to bring them into the foreground. Am I going to wait a year to finish this? That is a possibility, of course.

I am considering bringing some large dots to the bushes right behind the chair, to continue with this idea large dots being closer, but I'm not sure about it because I like the areas under the bush so much and I don't want to screw them up. I think these foreground bushes will be the deciding factor about the leaves at the top.