View Single Post
Unread 04-23-2018, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Thank you all for your responses, Ralph, John(s), Mike and Walter.

I've also had another reply by PM, which I shall respond to privately, but which mentions 'Politics.' The sender (and I ) cringe at the political views of one or two members, but you're always going to get a variety of opinions in a community such as this. I just think the "Live and let live" approach is the best stance to take; it's certainly not worth being put off the Sphere by a few extreme views. All of us can simply steer clear of threads, or people, for which we don't feel an affinity.

Ralph,
Your contributions are regular and welcome, so keep 'em coming!

John I,
As above, to Ralph! It's great to know that you enjoy your time here.

Mike,
I, too, have had many hours of pleasure and learning here. Don't you dare stop posting. It doesn't have to be formal; write what you want to, and post when you want to!

Walter,
Pruning used to be done monthly, but that was far too regular as many members look in only now and then; anyone can ask me to prune certain threads any time, and people do, but there'll be a ''June prune'' across the boards, with a decent advance warning given first.

John R,
I understand the need for absence from the Sphere for some people, depending on situations like family commitments, health issues, etc. It's not a problem; I'm always glad to see you posting, though, and it's not too frequently.
You ask: "Is there a point where all one can learn from being here is reached?" I'd say a resounding No.

For my own part, I've made lots of friends here and I love this site, not merely because I help Alex in the administration of it. I'd like to post more work than I do (heck, I'd like to write more poems than I do) but I've been very glad of the feedback whenever I've posted poems, and I absolutely love Drills and Amusements!

I don't always manage to keep up to date with everything that's going on, so I'm very grateful to members who alert me to something that needs my attention or just a bit of a tweak, such as thread titles that have typos...

I sincerely hope that the majority of Spherians enjoy being here, regardless of how much they are able to participate.

Jayne