Thread: Villanelles!
View Single Post
Unread 11-06-2018, 03:39 PM

Hello, Eratosphere friends (and strangers)-- Marilyn Taylor here, expressing my gratitude to you for your submissions to the anthology of villanelles-about-love. So sorry for apparently losing two of you (I'm new to this); it was totally inadvertent, and I hang my head in shame. Hope to make it up to you one day. Really.

And as for everyone whose submissions I received, I can't thank you enough. I meant what I said when I responded to you, i.e. that I felt something akin to awe when I kept receiving excellent poem after excellent poem. 309 in all! Narrowing these down to 60 was a painful process, as you can imagine, and I appreciate how gracious you all have been--especially those to whom I said No. Did I say "painful"? It was.

But I'll close on a more cheerful note by reporting to you that the book is percolating along very nicely toward publication, which should happen in January, 2019. I will report back to you during the interim.

It feels good to be back at Eratosphere! --and I know I need not remind all the US members to be sure to vote today. But of course you already have.