View Single Post
Unread 05-20-2017, 09:13 AM

When we're to a point of needing concrete proof of Jefferson Beauregard Sessions' efforts to deny African American citizens' Constitutional rights I question the seriousness of the discussion. He was denied a Federal judgeship because of his racist political efforts back when the nation still had some decency on these things and has since becoming Attorney General directed Federal attorneys to put low-level drug users in prison for a long as possible. He has been active in the GOP effort to deny African American citizens their voting rights ever since the Supreme Court make racist gerrymandering and franchise denial legal again.

This is tiresome. If someone feels it is necessary to have David Horowitz protect the country from the radical Marxist left-wing that is on the verge of taking us over than so be it. Clearly, Horowitz's perceived threats are so much more dangerous than out of control bankers and having Donald Trump controlling the nuclear codes. Let's focus on the Marxist professor while Jeff Sessions fills the prisons back up with Americans who are addicted to the opioids the pharmaceutical companies make billions from flooding into medicine cabinets.

I usually stay out of these circular political discussions here and always end up feeling foolish when I don't. That I'm having to make the obvious point that Jeff Sessions is a threat to the human rights of millions of Americans more explicit reminds me of how hopeless humans have always turned out to be when it comes to governance. The U.S. is collapsing fast. It can be interesting I suppose to think on when it began. It seems clear to me that ever since WWII we have made tragic mistake after tragic mistake in our dealings with the rest of the world and in the process drained the wealth we were fortunate to possess on maintaining an arsenal. This is always eventually destructive to city-states or kingdoms or nation-states. The economic system that depends on the rapid use and even more rapid dispersal of all resources, including human resources, is ultimately unsustainable and all efforts to alleviate this are either stopped or eventually repealed. The corporate system devised to attack and ridicule those who point out the unsustainability of the economic system, which Horowitz is an active participant in, and the use of racism to convince people to vote against their interests, mean that this has little chance of changing. I know this but still can find myself talking about radical professors and such if I'm not vigilant. I must do better.

John

Last edited by John Riley; 05-20-2017 at 09:23 AM.