View Single Post
Unread 05-20-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Riley View Post
When we're to a point of needing concrete proof of Jefferson Beauregard Sessions' efforts to deny African American citizens' Constitutional rights I question the seriousness of the discussion. He was denied a Federal judgeship because of his racist political efforts back when the nation still had some decency on these things and has since becoming Attorney General directed Federal attorneys to put low-level drug users in prison for a long as possible. He has been active in the GOP effort to deny African American citizens their voting rights ever since the Supreme Court make racist gerrymandering and franchise denial legal again.John
If Sessions literally tried to deny voting rights to blacks, then there must be some concrete proof of that available. It isn't that I don't believe you - just that if such is the case there must be some documentation to that effect.

Newspaper articles, journal articles, interviews of people who are in the know? Can you link me to something so I can assess the information and come back here to publicly agree with you and apologize for saying Sessions is not threat to the nation?

Thanks in advance.

**Edited in: Link to a video about Sessions here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b099cdb0ffb10a

Well, this article mentions him "gutting the Voting Rights Act in 2013." THAT sounds nasty - I will look into it.

I'll investigate further into this, and after I read more confirmation of his alleged attempts to deny voting rights to blacks - I will most certainly retract my defense of him. Give me a few hours.

By the way, I do not agree with most of his political views, as I understand them, since I am a classical liberal. I definitely DO NOT agree with the ridiculous push to give prison time to drug users. In fact, I'm for legalization of all drugs, in order to shut down the dealers and force those assholes to get real work.

What do you think of Larry Elder? He's a black conservative who also identifies as a classical liberal (or at least he did in the interview I linked to), but is hard on the Left, as Rubin is, and many others.

Last edited by William A. Baurle; 05-20-2017 at 02:08 PM.