View Single Post
Unread 03-23-2018, 12:11 AM

Default H.R. McMaster Out, John Bolton In

Vancouver is looking better and better. Sidney or Melbourne appeal also, but they're just too far.

McMaster's days were obviously numbered, but the announcement was obviously suddenly rushed through without any real prep (I believe that Bolton didn't know about it until it was done) in order to step on the headlines about the Karen McDougal CNN interview. What a tabloid piece of shit!

Our President is a fool, a liar, a thief, and a massive threat to the world. I've been more or less ignoring Tom Steyer's impeachment campaign as unrealistic until we have a majority in the House and Senate, but the events of the past few weeks have persuaded me to start talking it up now, even though it would probably require something huuuge (clear evidence that he's a Manchurian Candidate, or in debt up to his eyeballs to the Kremlin, combined with a move to fire Mueller) to do anything until after the '18 elections and a switch in leadership. (It takes a simple majority of the House to initiate an impeachment trial in the Senate, but two-thirds of the Senate to actually remove a President from office.) And the way Trump is packing the Cabinet with his buddies makes the 25th Amendment approach increasingly difficult