View Single Post
Unread 07-03-2018, 01:02 PM

I feel a bit of an impostor posting here in that so many of you knew Tim so much longer, better, and more richly than I did. Although I did meet him in person once, at West Chester, I only really knew him here, and I don't wish to piggy-back on your deeper grief in an unseemly way...

Nonetheless, I remember my interactions with Tim here with great fondness, and he was kind and supportive to me about my work, while nonetheless holding me to high standards. I loved his poetry and his sense of humor (does anybody have to hand his stock description of his complex and perhaps paradoxical subject-position? It went something like "Gay eagle scout hog farmer atheist Catholic Irish North Dakota venture capitalist poet..."). Between the time difference, my insomnia, and his early morning hunter's hours, there were a few occasions when he and I interacted here, and it felt like we were the only people awake in the world. At least we were the only ones logged-in here.

I am enjoying the remembrances of those of you who were close to him. Rhina's "noisy sweetness" (or is it sweet noisiness?) really captures what my experience of knowing Tim here was like.

Godspeed, friend.