View Single Post
Unread 12-17-2017, 01:24 PM

Perhaps more emphasis should have been put on the words "seemingly physical" in the original posting.

The great bulk of unexplained alleged observations reported so far have been just that, observations: reports of evidence that, if not illusory, is entirely mediated by electromagnetic radiation (such as visible light and radar) of one sort or other. It is well to consider what striking advances have recently been made in terrestrial manipulation of this spectrum. I will mention only holograms, which are beginning to be more than monochromatic, and recent demonstrations of "slowed light" that can be essentially stopped dead in suitable mediums. I will largely pass by very long-range quantum entanglement, which can involve photons. My point is that what one sees by radar or camera may not be necessarily physically what one expects from everyday experience. To be frivolous, an example could be that of a "Batman" image projected onto a New York building from New Jersey miles away that amazes people in the street. If the image flapped its cape or zoomed, it would still be a giant "magic lantern" display.

Last edited by Allen Tice; 12-17-2017 at 01:31 PM.