Thread: Flouncing off
View Single Post
Unread 06-13-2017, 11:59 AM

I must agree with Michael. Eratosphere's guidelines state:

"The Eratosphere bulletin board covers workshopping, discussion, and information related to poetry (metrical and non-metrical), prose and art. It is an adjunct to the Able Muse, a publication covering these topics."

In it's specific guidelines it defines the General Talk board as:

"Discussion of general topics, requests for assistance, and questions about policy or software".
But I would think that the general talk would be steered towards general discussion of poetry, prose or art, with some leeway. But a quick inventory of the GT board's current hot topics shows that not to be the case (The "Firing of James Comey" and "The British General Election" garnering a whopping 8,500 comments in one month). It's not why we all came here in the first place.

MJ: Social media is a reeking whirlpool of invective (and worse)

The Eratosphere is a uniquely erudite place. But not so much when you enter the General Talk board. There are dozens of other places online to electronically lock horns on politics. Why here? It's poetry (and prose and art) that we're after.

MJ: And maybe I would allow chat about puppies to improve our moods.

There's always the topic of "Share Your Good News" (on the GT board I think) for puppy talk