Thread: Twisted
View Single Post
Unread 07-20-2018, 06:58 AM

Yes I did read your three definitions of found poetry from found poetry.org. That gave me pause, since what I had done to create mine did not neatly fit into any of the three, IMO.

Here is another link to the text I used for the found poem. Hope it opens up for you.

I said in my preface that, “I came across this on social media this morning. All I did was reformat it and add a bit to the end.” but didn’t provide a link to the source. Maybe that is where the confusion lay…

To be clear, the first stanza (italicized) is found poetry. The second stanza is what I added to it. The epigraph came only after, when I was reading it aloud and noticed the happy coincidence that it sounded like the refrain from Paul Simon’s The Boxer. When I took a look at the song lyrics I thought it was appropriate to include an excerpt as an epigraph.

Anyway, there are days when I feel I'm knee-deep in found poetry and so thought it would be interesting to hear quick bits of found poetry by others right on the spot. Just pick up a newspaper, magazine, website and there it is : )
x

PS: I take back my apology in post #11 : )
x