View Single Post
Unread 02-16-2019, 07:53 AM

Default Got Whitman essays? Call for subs

Last week at Villanova I met Peter Krok, editor of the Schuyllkill Valley Journal, and he has emailed me a call for submissions to a special issue of the journal that will focus on Walt Whitman. I'm passing it on. Here's the pertinent part of what he wrote:

"This is Whitman's big year. The 200th anniversary of his birth. I am seeking articles and essays about Whitman. The SVJ will also include some poems that have a connection to Whitman. The Spring issue will be a very positive collective of pieces on Whitman.

I am thinking for the Fall SVJ that I would have some critical pieces on Whitman that will not be so praiseworthy. I think a critique should provide a critical response on Whitman's influence. Such a response should include not solely had a positive influence -- but that is another matter for now..
If you would like to do a short piece on Whitman, I could include that in the upcoming issue which has Whitman as the theme. Walt will be on the cover. This issue is also looking for poems that have in some way a connection to Whitman.

A number of people have asked me about submitting to the SVJ. Here is the info about submitting to the SVJ.
http://www.svjlit.com/submit/guidelines-svj-print-and-digital/

The submission period ends on February 28."

(I'm putting this here rather than on Announcements because I don't want to bump posts for events coming up soon.)