View Single Post
Unread 12-24-2017, 06:44 AM

Responding as a poet, I'd have to say that what drives my, and indeed other people's fascination in UFOs is the fact that we, as humans, are earthbound. There it is above us — heaven, sky, however you want to think of it — and we are so very rooted here, so that even (after a certain age) even if you fall down from a trivial height, you'll be injured. Sad. Yet, above us are these creatures, imaginary as well as fleshed, escaping (or seeming to) gravity's pull. And I find it telling that until the age of mechanics there were no metal spaceships recorded — at least that I'm aware of. Winged humans, horses, dragons, yes and they were very corporal. Angels? — well, I don't know what substance they're supposed to made from, but in no case were they mistaken in the reports of witnesses as illusory. And then, in the Nineteen Forties there appeared these metal things buzzing around at the very time when we earthbound humans were conceiving and inventing our own. Well, that's my response as a poet. As a skeptic… that's another story.