Thread: Indictment Day
View Single Post
Unread 11-20-2017, 02:47 PM

Well, if the plane was 36 hours, then in that case... Or if there were Dallas cheerleaders, that does not give one the license to take degrading pictures of someone, hands over breasts. And it is quite generous to characterize it as not to her taste that he forcibly shoved his tongue down her mouth as she tried to push away.

Now, with the latest one, is it ever acceptable for a senator, as he was in 2010, when asked to take a picture at a state's fair, to do as Lindsay Menz now has come out to say: he "pulled me in really close, like awkward close, and as my husband took the picture, he put his hand full-fledged on my rear. It was wrapped tightly around my butt cheek" "It wasn't around my waist. It wasn't around my hip or side. It was definitely on my butt..." .
Are you just fine with, that because I'm not. I can't imagine asking for a simple picture and being groped. These are violations and they are not right.
As the first woman said, she found out of the photo and has since " felt violated all over again. Embarrassed. Belittled. Humiliated."

P.S. The whole thing upsets me because I liked Franken quite a bit, and it is unpleasant to disclaim one whom I admired, but it may be morally right and even politically judicious not to stand by him and his baggage (which may yet worsen for all we know).

Last edited by Erik Olson; 11-20-2017 at 03:19 PM.