View Single Post
Unread 07-27-2018, 08:47 AM

Michael, you continually reveal new features, because I see you are now numbering in binary rather than decimal. Binary 100 equates to decimal 4, which is pretty darn close to the total of my D&A posts. (Let’s add a zero and make it 1000 = 8? Not yet.) I’m proud that you learned binary at Cooper Union before it became computer-fashionable. Praise, where praise is right. Did I initiate six threads here? If so, time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like frozen yogurt.

John, the jama in pajama (I don’t really know—it’s my earworm) probably comes from Turkish “cami”, where a plain c is said like the j in jail (g in gaol). Cami means mosque, which these are surely not. Today they are museums, as they were in Soviet countries.

Michael, again, thanks for your thingy. It’s exactly the kind of thingy I didn’t want. But since I’ve given up, and since museums (maybe even Muslim museums) shouldn’t be cold, maybe it’s a good place to start. I might get back with something in your vein. Keep up your binary! Salud.