View Single Post
Unread 08-19-2014, 09:22 AM

I did not enlarge them. I just posted them in thread as is. I think at some point you had enlarged them though. As you can see in "The Gap Dreaming" where the sky meets the cliff, there are what are called "artifacts" in the sky. this is where the computer has had to invent pixels to enlarge an image and it gets it wrong.

I was asking about size because of the same issues we are discussing on Patricia's thread "Hanging Basket", print size.

Having written a paragraph and deleted 5 times I am just going to go ahead and be blunt. Ross, you are an amazingly talented artist. I think you don't realize this. You need to take it a bit more seriously. I first got this impression looking at "Imagined Still life" and saw the white lines in the black outline. I thought "hmm lazy". I almost cried when I saw these gorgeous pieces that can never be printed at a decent quality. I didn't know, at first, that you might not understand print size.

Please, please, please start big from now on. Big pieces delete just as easily as small ones if you screw up. You can still work on them at a smaller size to fit your screen, zoomed at 25% for example. Memory issues aside, the canvas is still free. You can still make a smaller copy for the web. The larger canvas doesn't have to intimidate a person like a larger real canvas would.

I would hang "Alice Landscape" on my wall this second.