View Single Post
Unread 12-03-2015, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Thanks, Janice and Douglas!

Now for an update on the migration to the new server. Last time we moved server I did all on my own, and it was an onerous task. This time, I decided to pay a professional service that tells me they can do it successfully. The good news is that they've just informed me that they've completed the migration. The bad news is that I'm not sure how well they did the job and if everything that needed to be transferred to have everyone's data in place and working properly was transferred. That will take some time to determine! For now, though, note the we're still on the old server. In other words, I'll soon be severing the link of the ablemuse.com domain from the old server and point it to the new server. Once that's done, I'll, err, cross my fingers and hope for the best ... and hopefully, we'll just pick up where we left off on the old server without a hitch.

Meanwhile, here are a few warnings now that the transition will soon occur--
1) Everything that was posted from late last night until the final switchover will probably be lost in the switch-over. That's because it was entered in the old server, after everything at hand was moved over. So, if there's something important you don't want to lose during that time span, be sure to save it!
2) After the aforementioned switch over, there might be some potential system glitches. Be sure to report anything unusual you experience in this thread.

Cheers,
...Alex