View Single Post
Unread 07-16-2017, 05:55 PM

Quote:
The world has taken too dizzying a turn to the surreal for my liking recently...
Mark,

It is obvious that the West is going through a period when those resistant to modernity are in a lather. As the saying goes, the world is much smaller now. People can move more and will continue to be able to do so. The world is growing closer together and this panics many people. There are those who actually say that they are opposed "to the free movement of peoples" without knowing or caring how barbaric it is. Trump's support comes primarily from voters freaked out about the changing world. They want a wall for God's sake. It's the same across the Atlantic. The typical next step (I won't say natural next step because it doesn't have to happen) will be for Trump--and others--to find a people to attack. We both know that Trump will soon be blowing the horn for a conflict. It will probably be in North Korea because he seems to think he can solve the troubles in the Middle East around a table.

We don't live in a time when change and discovery is valued. Our lives are being spent in a medieval era. 58% of Republicans think colleges are bad for America. The entire administration rejects science. The lie that capitalism will always embrace change and be innovative is exposed. Huge corporations that make their billions off of the current energy-delivery structure are the most change resistant organizations in the U.S. This is what Reaganism has wrought. I cannot bear to think of what type of cataclysm it will take to bring this madness to an end.