Thread: Alice Paintings
View Single Post
Unread 04-09-2015, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross hamilton hill View Post
Michael, what rule or guideline makes my post inadmissable, it is my work, it has been seen by 35 people on YouTube, half of those hits would be me.
The rule that limits you to one piece of work at a time. This is the equivalent of posting about seventeen poems. If somebody did that on the poetry boards it would be bounced at once. If you had posted a single piece - or even two - I wouldn't have said anything. But you're putting up an entire show/chapbook. That's not workshopping. It's taking advantage of people, and I call it a vanity post. Do you expect somebody to go through each piece, commenting? Or only a few? Does that mean that I can post seventeen old poems (believe me, I have many that have been seen by less than 35 people) and ask people to comment on whichever they please? The purpose of these rules and guidelines is to make sure we all get equal time and opportunity.

Quote:
Sharon is the moderator, it is her decision as to what remains posted, it is discourteous to her that you feel compelled to adopt her role as if she is incompetent or as if the whole thing is so vital, such a calamity that you have to take control.
I am expressing an opinion. I have every right to do that. It takes place regularly on all Boards.

Quote:
You have not said a single thing about the work in question
First - I'm not going to comment because of the reasons I have already explained. Do you seriously think that I'm going to complain that you shouldn't have put up all those drawings at one time - and then take the time to comment on them? Do you think that sounds ever so slightly self-involved? Secondly - believe me - I don't believe that my comments would help our relationship.

Last edited by Michael Cantor; 04-09-2015 at 05:12 PM.