View Single Post
Unread 10-31-2014, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon Passmore View Post
Hi Patricia,
Sorry for taking so long to comment. This does look Christmasy, I bet it made a lovely card.

The main thing I notice about this is the 3D effect. This is interesting. Is it some sort of brush in ArtRage? maybe an impasto brush? I am thinking that if it were a filter then the background would be 3D looking also.

P.S. Love your logo

Good to see you back, Sharon! And thanks for taking time to comment.

This ArtRage experiment was done with the same palette knife used in the "Reflection" digital painting posted recently---the only difference being the amount of paint "squeezed" out of the Paint Tube.

The palette knife used in these paintings is called "Hard Out Smear"; and, for this painting, I worked in layers: the first, plain black; the second, off-white; and, then, the 3-D flowers worked with the palette knife.

Haven't done too much digital painting lately . . . kept busy, instead, with Pinsky's online poetry class for the past five weeks. But I did find time to select 13 of my digital paintings for a desk calender I'll be giving for Christmas. Hope they turn out as well as the cards did.

Hugs!

P.S.
Glad you like the logo. It was something I finally settled on when my mouse proved incompatible with my signature.

Last edited by Patricia A. Marsh; 10-31-2014 at 12:17 AM.