Thread: In Her Defense
View Single Post
Unread 01-27-2020, 08:38 AM

x
Roger: "Who said she needs defending? I haven't heard a single bad thing about her."

I only posted this thread because I had hit some resistance with someone recently about GT's impact on the efforts to keep our shoulder to the wheel. He had said to me that GT "is not taken seriously by serious-minded people" and it deflated me... I thought about it for a few days and became angry, thinking maybe this is what the growing consensus is among the general population. I wanted to at least signal my resolve to support her. My hunch was that I would be preaching to the choir here, but you never know. I welcome differing opinions, but so far none.
Aaron may be right about the Sphere being clear from draconian views on the environment (maybe not so much for the age-discrimination he includes in the profiling of those who belittle her.) But there is much ground in between for differences.

I know I live a somewhat upholstered life free from much direct negative impact from environmental, economic and yes, even political strife (though Trump is a serious ongoing threat to all three). I live modestly and hope for the best. x
x