View Single Post
Unread 03-25-2018, 11:11 AM

Matt, you're English humor is not lost on me. Buy me a ticket to the Highlands of England and I will see what I will see...
(I spent the better part of two years living in Richmond Surrey. That was nice. But I was a smoker then and the air in the winter nearly killed me. Both our countries, I'm afraid, are suffering from the spoils of our freedoms. Don't make me quote Yeats' Second Coming) If Trump is the beast at least we can vote him out. Right? Right? Right?

Roger, the music piece you linked is darkly funny and frighteningly, surreally fitting. A kind of "Always Look On The Bright Side of Life". The band is still playing as the Titantic tilts and slips down. Stay with the band. The music is good for you.

To Julie's point of pulling up stakes vs. staying and fighting for change: I'm reminded of the droves of humans who every day leave their own homelands because they've made a decision to make a better life for themselves vs. staying and being a part of the effort to change things in their own country. That's probably not a great analogy because most of the time those people are leaving on foot, on flimsy rafts adrift in vast seas, in suffocating squalor aboard a cattle car they paid for with every penny they had without knowing what their fate will be... so it might not be the best analogy but still, there is something to it, I think. Exodus from any place is a symptom of the problem, not the cause.

I think we should just arrange for Biden and Trump to have that fistfight they threatened behind the gymnasium of the Pentagon.
So here we are… A country whose "leaders behave like children and whose children behave like leaders."
That’s the good news.
x

Last edited by Jim Moonan; 03-25-2018 at 03:53 PM.