View Single Post
Unread 12-28-2017, 01:26 PM

I have had a number of thoughts since I first saw this thread. Too many to list. I’ll mention three of them.

1. I am curious what that unidentified flying object might have been. Perhaps we will never know. It’s extremely unlikely that it’s from outer space. An unidentified flying object is, to put in another way, an unknown flying object. It’s like an unidentified caller. Just because the caller is unknown, does that mean he or she is automatically an alien from outer space?

2. If this UFO (unidentified!) actually was an object from outer space, what would the creatures inside look like? Would intelligent life forms from another planet have 2 eyes, a nose and a mouth? They would probably be carbon-based organisms (since carbon is so abundant and also so versatile), but they could certainly not have come from the same common ancestor of all those earth animals which have 2 eyes, a nose, and a mouth (insects, spiders, fish, frogs, lizards, birds, mammals). It would be mind-blowing to see an intelligent life form from another world.

3. What is intelligence? An intelligent being just one little step above us would be so brilliant that the accomplishments of a Newton or an Einstein would be things that one of their 3-year-olds could do in one morning and put up on their refrigerators.