View Single Post
Unread 01-05-2019, 03:58 PM

Thank you for responding Erik and David,

I began my contribution to this thread with the admission to Quincy that I probably talk too much. I end it with the same thought. I apologise for asking questions and raising issues which you feel you don't have the stomach to reply to, David, though thanks for replying anyway. I promise I don't do it to be annoying, but from a genuine interest in people's ideas about the usefulness and limits of conversation and debate etc. But I begin to suspect this is exasperating to many. I'll stick to poetry, I think. I led the discussion in an unnecessary and unhelpful direction. We agree that fascists are reprehensible, and I certainly wouldn't want to encourage anything that would further legitimise their ideas. I understand, of course, the distinctions you make and they are persuasive. There's definite symbolic power in lack of acknowlegement. I do think a volley of emails from past contributors expressing disgust at the position taken by TNC would be a good thing.

Hi Andrew,

Quote:
I am sure it is tempting to try to win an argument about whether it is shows good form to take part in a magazine despite its support for what are ultimately murderous policies and mindsets and ignore the moment and the stakes. Just as it is tempting on my part to imagine just desserts when allowing pigs to extract the marrow from the amazon because one has better things to do might result in the distracted and oblivious of the West finally seeing the roof come down on their own heads. But there are some beautiful persons way closer to the chopping block than any of us that could use any sign of pushback that might be available. Some comments kinda suck in light of the moment. Try to think.
I'm not sure if this refers to my comments in post #7 or not. If it does, really I wasn't trying to 'win an argument' and I assure you I do try to think. I sometimes think aloud and in public, which isn't always the best idea. The distracted and oblivious stalk the globe, I think, as do the committed and aware, they aren't unique to any portion of it.

Cheers.

Best to all.