View Single Post
Unread 01-13-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris O'Carroll View Post
It the sense of the meeting that I should post every New Statesman comp? I knew there would be people here who'd want to take a whack at the clerihews, of course. But this isn't a poetry comp. (Although it could be, I suppose. A computer can be programmed to produce rhyme and meter.)

No 4212 Set by Leonora Casement: As part of 2012’s celebrations to mark the life and influence of the 20th-century mathematician and code-breaker Alan Turing, Reading University is running a special one-day event, Turing100, on what would have been his 100th birthday. This will feature a display of the Turing Test, a Q&A session designed to test the ability of machines to pass as human. If a judge cannot reliably tell machine from human, the machine is said to have passed the test. We want you to think up a Q&A session with anyone (human, animal or machine) to confound the judge. Max 120 words by 26 January comp@newstatesman.co.uk
Aye, Chris, this may be beyond us mere poets.

Thanks though for bringing it to our attention. The best of luck to anyone who gives it a try.

For my own part, I think I would prefer to go Touring than Turing.

Cheers

Chris