View Single Post
Unread 07-23-2017, 06:14 PM

I was not referring to feedback you left on a poem I posted for critique. I assume all such critiques are made in good faith and have, to my recollection, never complained about any of them. If my memory is faulty on this point, I was in the wrong.

I was referring, rather, to the PM you sent me the last time I responded to you in a political thread, in which you gave me a variant of this "intelligence ≠ wisdom" lecture, only that time with a gratuitous dig at my poems.

There's more that might be said, but I don't think any good would come of it. I did want to defend myself, publicly, from the charge that I resent any critiques that have been made on my poems. Being here has made me a better poet, and I'm grateful to everyone who has taken time from their days to contribute to that.

– – – – – – – – – – – – – –

Since this is going to start a new page, here's what Bill said at the bottom of the last page that he hoped would be the basis of future discussion in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by William A. Baurle View Post
One can be a "conservative" and still despise DT. One can be a libertarian, like Penn Jillette, and still recognize that a touchy alpha-male soccer coach in the White House is a BAD idea.

Once again, in case it was missed:

I did not vote for him. I didn't vote at all in the last elections, because I could not say 'Yes' to anyone that was running without feeling guilty. I voted for _ _ in 2012. (PM me if you want to know who.)

I do not support or admire him.

America is in BIG trouble. I still say that the best thinkers are somewhere in the middle.