Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 09-08-2016, 02:55 PM

Default Am I being paranoid?

Can anyone tell me why there are no new threads on D&A? Have I been sent to Coventry or just being paranoid?
Unread 09-08-2016, 03:29 PM

Dave, pretty much everything new is now posted in the various Deep Drills forums within D&A. If you PM a moderator I'm sure you'll get the password.
Unread 09-08-2016, 03:38 PM

Thanks Nicholas. I don't think I've reach the required minimum critique posts to view yet, must try harder!
Unread 09-16-2016, 03:32 PM

Dave, I know there are minimum critique posts in order to post your own work, but I don't think there are any just to view. I very seldom post critiques and have never been prevented from viewing. Try just asking for the password. So much of the stuff in Drills has gone underground ( much to my regret) that it requires a password for viewing.
Unread 09-16-2016, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Hi Gail (and Dave),

The D & A comps have only gone underground because sometimes our entries, posted on this site, are regarded as being 'previously published work' - which is a nonsense; we know that, but it's a precaution against being penalised for no good reason!

That said, Drills & Amusements isn't just for The Spectator, The Oldie and The New Statesman competitions, and they are the only ones which are secreted away in Deep Drills. The "Poem of the Day" thread, and Julie's ''Various comps'' thread, for example, can be bumped any time Sphereans have something to contribute to them.

Also, feel free to post any other fun ''Drills'' or ''Amusements" here - out in the open - whenever you like!

Members can send me a PM if they need the password to Deep Drills; the board has been created specifically for us to share our comp entries with one another . . . and to keep prying eyes away, that's all.

Jayne