Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 07-30-2021, 12:52 PM

Default Tentacular Magazine

I have two alt-zodiacs and a short animation in the latest issue of Tentacular Magazine.

I like Tentacular, and thanks are due to Matt for signposting it to me.

They used 'The Constellation of Secretive Beacons' as their image across social media, too, which is nice.

Sarah-Jane
Unread 07-30-2021, 01:00 PM

Lovely, SJC! Which is almost Coleridge’s initials, it now strikes me. I like the real-time collage a good deal, and 17 seconds is the title of a Cure song…

Cheers,
John
Unread 07-30-2021, 01:44 PM

Hi Sarah-Jane,

I almost didn't recognise you for a second. I like your new avatar :-)

These are great; here's a direct link.

With hearty congratulations,
Fliss & W.-B. :>)
Unread 07-30-2021, 02:05 PM

That's beautiful, Sarah-Jane.

I don't know the magazine at all, but I see there are three typically excellent poems by my friend Seth Crook in there too.

Nice work.

David
Unread 07-30-2021, 09:55 PM

It would be so much fun to play with things the way you're able to, Sarah-Jane! Well done!!

And David, it is good to see Seth there, isn't it? Excellent poems, too...

Cally
Unread 07-31-2021, 02:17 PM

Thank you. I'm pleased to be in this one.

John - Oh, to be Coleridge. I swoon at the very thought, although I could probably do without the opium and unfinished genius bits. 17 seconds is a gorgeous Cure album, although Robert Smith has not aged well. Also you have to be under 30 seconds to put things on Tik Tok, and I wanted to find out what it was like.

Fliss, you are utterly lovely, thank you for the direct link. I have adopted full mourning. It seemed like the only sensible thing to do. I may manage a small glass of ratafia later (or some 90% Lindt) before retiring to the chaise-longue.

David - Thank you and Cool. Isn't it nice when networks join up? I like those poems by your friend, Seth, very much, and I particularly like the 'sound' poem in this issue. I can kind of see the logical progressions in that work, too, but the last lines are stand out. I'll go and find out if they have a book I can buy.

Cally - I can teach you photoshop techniques (you don’t need photoshop there are free programmes to play with). You’ll enjoy it & you'd be wonderful at it, I'm sure - your blog is gorgeous. I can do another video if people think that would be fun.

But, what I can’t teach you is the kind of bat-shit crazy you have to be to want to spend all your precious leisure hours sticking the tiny derrières of two dozen types of moth into lightbulbs. That requires a very specific type of weirdness. You will have your own brand of curious strange, of course. I like the fin-de-siecle sense of your most recent poem. It's a dérive!

Sarah-Jane

Last edited by Sarah-Jane Crowson; 07-31-2021 at 02:21 PM.
Unread 07-31-2021, 05:33 PM

Well, Sarah-Jane, I love moths and lightbulbs and tiny derrieres!! I love macro work. And I love watching your little video, how it all comes together. It would be fabulous to make things like that!

You are so generous! I was so grateful for your instruction on how to post images, and I've been practising! If you really had time to teach us, wouldn't it be great to have a kind of classroom here, maybe on the art board, where this could happen? I'd be in, for sure!

Cally
Unread 08-01-2021, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-Jane Crowson View Post
Fliss, you are utterly lovely, thank you for the direct link. I have adopted full mourning. It seemed like the only sensible thing to do. I may manage a small glass of ratafia later (or some 90% Lindt) before retiring to the chaise-longue.
You're welcome, Sarah-Jane; well, I'm not too bad ;-)

I like the full mourning. When I first saw the new look, I was rather reminded of Mr Patch, which was good. And we are chocolate twins (when I'm allowed to eat!). Enjoy the chaise-longue.

Best wishes,
Fliss
Unread 08-01-2021, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cally Conan-Davies View Post
If you really had time to teach us, wouldn't it be great to have a kind of classroom here, maybe on the art board, where this could happen? I'd be in, for sure!

Cally

I can do that! I miss teaching, it'll be fun. I can do maybe four very short videos, one every week - a kind of whirlwind tour-bus through collage with digital how-to but also a tiny bit of Hannah Hoch & copyright (!)

Then people, if they want, can share what they've made in a kind of online group crit.

And we can bask in our loveliness and imagery (and also play, because that's important).

Onward!

Sarah-Jane