Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 03-05-2009, 05:40 PM

Prolific Writer

I am a white girl woo is writting a story of a blak girl who is mad at a white girl who wants to akt blak. My blak girls name is Jazmina, she is cute with blak curlley hair that is strate and has some red hi lights in it. She wears bling a lot. She likes gold and stimulated diamonds( she’s only therteen, so most probably she don’t get real stuff too offen) Jazmina is nice , a real good dancer and wares hip-hop hats and stuff and big pants and a hoodie over her hat. Se is not a gang member that I know about. There school has a gang called the 122nd Street Bad Assets. And they are too. But this storie is not about them. It is a psichological peece about idenity.
Unread 03-06-2009, 11:11 AM

Jim, thanks for the suggestion. I edited the end to incorporate your basic idea:

It's hard to make snow angels when you don't have any arms or legs, and jumping for joy, of course, becomes impossible. Yet this didn't stop Arnold from making snow angels in his heart and releasing them in his imagination to jump out a loftier tribute to joy than legs made of mere sinew and muscle had ever contrived. For Arnold was in love, and love has ever possessed more arms and legs, more toes and knees and thighs, than it knows what to do with. And though Arnold's vocal chords had been rendered useless in the accident, this minor inconvenience did not keep him from showing up to audition for the title role in the local operatic society's forthcoming production of Carmen, where Betty, glorious Betty, would be playing second violin in the orchestra but first fiddle in the orchestra pit of his heart.
I also edited another one I posted up-thread. Might as well post the edit:

If I had only known, back before I developed a case of genital herpes, that there were telltale signs that could have warned me in advance, even in the face of Janice's dishonesty that otherwise struck me as so enticing, everything would have gone swimmingly with Denise, who, unfortunately, unlike me, knew all about the telltale signs and therefore, despite the obvious chemistry between us, ultimately declined to become involved. And yet, in many ways Janice might have done me a favor after all, since Denise turned out to be a serial killer. Everything happens for a reason.
I couldn't find any guidelines. Is there a limit to the number a person can enter?
Unread 03-06-2009, 11:29 AM

Bob, I think Arnold is gloriously OTT and would get my vote. I think you can enter as often as you like.