Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 10-24-2021, 01:08 PM

My nieces got some good press here for a recent duo piano performance with the Boston Symphony Orchestra. If you're interested, you can see and hear their October 9 performance here after purchasing a BSO NOW pass here. The 10-day version of the pass is only $10.

Also, one of my daughters had her first poem published, here. She will now retire from her dazzling poetic career, with a 100% acceptance/submission rate. Eat your heart out, Sphereans.

Last edited by Julie Steiner; 10-25-2021 at 10:50 AM.
Unread 11-09-2021, 02:28 PM

That's all great news, Julie

My younger brother put in an offer on a house yesterday and it's been accepted, yay. The property includes a garden with a shed. I do like a shed!

Best wishes,
Fliss
Unread 11-09-2021, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.F. Teague View Post
That's all great news, Julie

My younger brother put in an offer on a house yesterday and it's been accepted, yay. The property includes a garden with a shed. I do like a shed!

Best wishes,
Fliss
Only the one shed?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA8xTGP_M8g
Unread 11-09-2021, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Nice one, Joe!

My husband and I successfully installed two new bedroom windows at the weekend, with three more to go, when it's not raining, and before the winter kicks in! We've done it before, some years ago, and the windows aren't too big, fortunately - but I still think I'm too old for stuff like this.

The Good News - for me at least - was that I helped from the inside - while Pete worked from a scaffold tower outside

In case you're wondering... Pete hates to pay out lots of money for jobs he we can do himself ourselves. Pete hates to pay out lots of money for anything, come to think of it!

Jayne

Last edited by Jayne Osborn; 11-10-2021 at 08:05 AM.
Unread 11-10-2021, 08:50 AM

Joe, Funny, funny clip!
I was just now reading The poem on met board by Julie entitled, "Great" having to do with names. So this clip intersects with it in my mind.

Joe: "Only the one shed?"

My hunch is Fliss would be happy with two sheds : ) I would, too.

Julie, I'm headed to the BSO tomorrow for their "rehearsal" concert that the public is invited to see. Music on the cheap.
Your nieces are awesome. I remember another great clip of them you posted awhile back.
Your daughter's poem does not mince words (I noticed it was written when she was ten. We see things differently at that age : )

And kudos to you Jayne for that feat of accomplishment. I fixed the derailed track on my dishwasher the other day. Good news, but nothing to brag about. (It took me 3-4 go-rounds over a two-week period before I could figure it out).

Unread 11-10-2021, 11:52 AM

Well, Jim, two sheds are better than one! (I know, groan...)

Thanks, Joe! I like that too

Yes, kudos to Jayne. I'd definitely prefer the inside job, I think, especially in chilly weather, brrr...

I landed a new client today: Wilderness Safaris. My cousin's company Yellow Zebra merged with Wilderness earlier this year and I feel very fortunate that they'd like me to join their team 🥳 (party time)

Best wishes,
Fliss
Unread 11-25-2021, 10:20 AM

I'm thankful for rising above the aches and pains and memory loss of "second childhood" and have finished the first draft of a novel. Living long is terrific!
Unread 11-25-2021, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Way to go, Ralph!!

You could be the next Jim Downing

Jayne
Unread 11-25-2021, 01:28 PM

Today my mother and I met John Isbell and his charming wife Rita. They're staying with friends in Oxford at the moment and caught a bus to Cheltenham. We started with a swan safari around Pittville Park, before heading up to the new-ish café adjacent to the Pump Room for lunch. After that, we popped back to my flat for tea and biscuits. Very happy to have met them 😊
Unread 12-06-2021, 11:59 AM

This is a very minor thing overall, but I'm happy to start teaching an Intro to Poetry course at Ohio State next month, and just as happy to be able to include one of my fellow 'Spherians in the syllabus -- Mary Meriam. The course will be grounded in Renaissance poetry for the first half of the semester, but will ultimately culminate in the 21st century...and I'll be using Mary's "Hot Spell" and "Gender" as prime examples of 21st century sonnets.

Mary's work has always been an inspiration to me, so I'm glad I'll be able to pay it forward by introducing it to a number of eager undergraduates.