Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 07-19-2015, 02:10 PM

Thanks Vaclav, I used my own music because I wanted the whole work to be by me, it never occurred to me to link it to aboriginal music although I do like Gurrumul's singing, if you havn't heard his songs which are sung in his own language I recommend you listen to some on YouTube.
Unread 09-12-2015, 01:59 PM

Ross,

I thought the computer art was really interesting, and was an odd contrast to the sad guitar in the background. The simplicity of a guitar strumming along a bit lazily with the striking, bezerk (at times) very close to abstract paintings, with their near-impossible smooth textures (the tip off it was computer animated) was actually pretty great. I think I felt like a butterfly or hummingbird honing in on a flower with my ultraviolet-perceiving vision. Very cool. I've subscribed to Art in America for years, and my wife's a visual artist - this still stood out as pretty singular / unique among the many images I've spent time with over the years. I think the music contributed greatly, but several of the images were really captivating, especially some that seemed to be almost representational, less so the abstract ones (if they weren't abstract, they seemed so).

Jake
Unread 10-03-2015, 02:05 AM

Jake

Thanks for your comment, I hope you see this reply, I have been away from the internet for some weeks so have only just seen your comment.
I'm glad you liked it.
In some of the works the medium, the Windows paint app and drawing with the mouse, dictated what could and couldn't be done and a lot of the more abstract works were the result of experimenting with the possiblities, others had more references to actual landscapes.
There are other examples of my work on various YouTubes if you are interested, all under the name Ross Hamilton Hill.

cheers
Ross