Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 10-07-2019, 10:21 AM

x
Yes, apply pressure where pressure is needed, keep the watchdogs busy (there's so much that stinks about politics -- gerrymandering, monetizing campaigns, special interest groups that do little more than protect the corporations, and on and on).

Yes, half the people who vote are ignorant (not in the pejorative sense but by strict definition). But that comes with the territory. What did Churchill say (quoting a predecessor)? "Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.…" Someone, too, said that the difference between democracy and all other forms of government is that it has the ability to re-form itself. I agree.

Yes, he may go down before the election. Though to be impeached will likely just inflame his base and push us closer to the cliff -- or get him re-elected! He may be convicted... That would be nice. We may get to see his tax returns for the past eight years and that would blow the roof off the tent of the deplorables (I think). He will not resign, IMO. To do that would be to lose and he is a winner. (Maybe someone more persuasive than I could tell him losing is winning?) I'd be happy to see him bound and gagged in litigation for the rest of his life. Let what he's done come back to hound him forever.

Who is the better candidate? Yes, anyone but Trump -- but who? At this point I'd like to see a Warren / Buttigieg.

But keep the reasoned, dialog-driven people in the room. They are the oxygen.
x
x