Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 02-12-2021, 09:44 AM

Default "Sphereans" of Eratosphere

While looking at a previous thread, List of All Books Published by Sphereans, I wished that each name had a link to the author's web site, if one was available, and a link to some of their work freely available on line. So on a slow work day, I copy-pasted the list and added what links I could quickly find, and, while I was at it a picture of the author too. During the process, which felt like I walking through a virtual neighborhood, an additional wish hit me, but for that one I would need a Genie. I wished that each author would have a link to a page with links to all of their freely available work online, or that these links could be consolidated somewhere. Something else that came up when author's didn't have a website and I linked to their Amazon page, was that sometimes books on Amazon can be very expensive for books out of print. It made me wonder how many authors here have published print on demand books themselves where they can set the price.

I added Ed Shacklee and Marion Shore to the list in the original thread, because I met them here and they have published (excellent) works as well.

Here is the first draft of the directory I made of Spherians and their works. It would be great to amend it as described above, with links to works freely available online, or maybe other useful links. If anyone would like to add some links, the second link below links to a shared Google doc from which I can transfer them to the Spherian neighborhood directory

https://snapshotcouplets.wordpress.c...f-eratosphere/

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...cBCrqc50E/edit
Unread 02-12-2021, 11:35 AM

Mario,
What a heroic effort to bring together so much information and so many images in a user friendly format like this. I commend you for doing so, and I have enjoyed perusing the list. I can see a few gaps, so I hope everyone will help you in bringing it up to date.

Susan
Unread 02-12-2021, 11:42 AM

Hello,

For someone new, this is very lovely and helpful- it gives me a chance to read people's work, and map the landscape here in terms of the kind of poetry people write.

(I suspect it's even cooler for people who are on the list, too)

but, from my perspective, thank-you, also.

Sarah-Jane
Unread 02-12-2021, 12:20 PM

Thank you, Mario!
Unread 02-12-2021, 01:29 PM

Thanks, Mario. That's quite a feat! It will be fun perusing the page.
Unread 02-14-2021, 10:09 AM

Wow, what a Herculean task! So generous of you, Mario, thank you for getting so many of us onto one page like this!
Unread 02-15-2021, 01:56 PM

Thank you so much, Mario.
Unread 02-15-2021, 02:15 PM

Thanks so much, Mario! A valiant effort.
Unread 02-15-2021, 07:42 PM

Very Cool. Thanks, Mario.
Unread 02-16-2021, 02:33 PM

I am glad to make/have a handy reference of some of the works of Sphereans!! Several have provided additions of the kind I am most looking for, for example, Max Gutmann put a collection of links to some works freely available in online journals. Some author web sites, like Ned Balbo's have something like this as well, and I think such consolidation is really helpful, because though I have hundreds upon hundreds of books still to be read on my shelves, sometimes I just want to read an author's online works, and there are surely others who like to do this as well.

This project is related to one I started after last year's lock-down in which I collect representative art works of artists every day on their birthdays ( https://image-marriages.blogspot.com/ ). When I studied art back in the day, it was mostly centered on movements, so many artists were covered in terms of a movement rather than a fuller view of their body of work. Amidst the darkness of the pandemic and the politics last year, that helped me focus more on celebrating creativity and people, as every day is someone's birthday, with lives and works to be celebrated. With this directory, I hope to extend that celebration to the works of Spherians!