Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 09-28-2020, 01:44 PM

Default Sweet Nothings

I haven't posted much here for years, and I'm not really sure why. I've lurked a bit. Life grew busy - I think that's the overriding reason. I'm about to spend two weeks in quarantine in Korea, though, and my mind took me back to Eratosphere. I'd like to jump back in - a little balder, perhaps a tad wiser - and rejoin the conversations.

Anyway, I published my third collection, Sweet Nothings, with Carcanet a couple of months ago. Here, if you're interested. It's my best book by some distance, I think, and if I hadn't come here all those years ago I might never have written a line of it, or of either of the others. Thank you, deeply, to those of you who encouraged me, or made me think.
Unread 09-28-2020, 02:48 PM

Rory!!!! Sooooo good to see you here again! I stumbled back quite recently, too. Life leads us away; life leads us back. And so on!

Korea?

I really can't wait to read Sweet Nothings.

Cally xx
Unread 09-28-2020, 02:58 PM

Hello Cally! I'm glad to see you here! And thanks. I've been trying to keep up with your poems. I hope to see some new ones in draft here, and get the chance to say things about them.

Editing back: I have a two-month residency with Bucheon UNESCO City of Literature. This Lincolnshire lad is very excited about it - though not so much about the two weeks of quarantine. I'll just have to pretend I'm a hermit.

x

Last edited by Rory Waterman; 09-28-2020 at 03:00 PM.
Unread 09-28-2020, 03:31 PM

Fascinating!! I'd love to see Korea. What an experience you'll have! And this means we're in the same time zone right now, though opposite season. I wish you could pop down to Tasmania before you go home again!?

(Davey says g'day, and is ordering Sweet Nothings as I write...)

Cally
Unread 09-28-2020, 04:07 PM

Ah - no: I leave next week. I'm still in a slightly wet Nottingham, where the leaves are turning yellow and dreaming of turning gold. I'd LOVE to see yous in Tasmania, but I'm on a full schedule with a return fight booked for me, and I can't jump ship. BUT I'm sure we'll meet again before too long.

Thank you ever so much for buying the book. I'm inordinately proud of this one, and have written barely a line since. Give my love to Dave, and keep some for yourself.