Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 03-12-2021, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W T Clark View Post
That simply means you will be judged as a great writer by critics of the future.
Not for my contribution to that book, I won't. Promise. Although I've joined the ed team as a producer of visual images, so if you ever see an unusual animal-headed figure on a worthy educational tome you'll know it's me.

Sarah-Jane
Unread 03-12-2021, 03:00 PM

Thanks, Julie. I have learned much. Perhaps I was disadvantaged by only seeing what seems to have been a very small piece of a much longer show.
I have heard Tutti Frutti but haven't read, heard or seen Love Story. I didn't recognise Rita Moreno, though I loved her performance in WSS, and didn't know any of the others.
I suppose I must thank some higher kindness that I was not taught classics by anyone so obnoxious as Mr. Segal, and although I know that much of Euripides's work has been lost, I have never heard the specific title "Oedipus Rex" (or "Tyrannus") attributed to any other than Sophocles, so why was Mr. S bringing it so forcefully into the argument, unless perhaps he was setting his adversary up for a climactic humiliation? If I had known about Barbra Streisand's nose, though, I might have felt less sympathy for the fellow.

And Sarah-Jane, bless you for sharing that; it is indeed an accolade worth treasuring. I, for one, am very glad that you were not drowned. This must prove that you are not a duffer (see A. Ransome, Swallows and Amazons.)