Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 10-29-2018, 05:46 AM

Congratulations, Claudia.

At this point, I'm jealous of people who got rejections. I didn't hear anything at all.
Unread 10-29-2018, 12:25 PM

Thanks, Robert.

To me this sounds like an error or miscommunication. I would send them an email ASAP.

Claudia
Unread 10-29-2018, 04:41 PM

That's won't be necessary. My feelings aren't hurt. I'm not really jealous. I'm sure it just slipped through the cracks.
Unread 10-31-2018, 02:16 PM

Actually the same happened to me (hearing nothing). I’m presuming acceptances get responses; rejections, maybe not? Or so I thought. But now I see some got a rejection note. Ok so I join the illustrious Roger, which makes me feel much better. Mine were about love but maybe not with the all-in-with-Cupid sense. It was what I had... more about the downside.
Unread 11-06-2018, 03:39 PM

Hello, Eratosphere friends (and strangers)-- Marilyn Taylor here, expressing my gratitude to you for your submissions to the anthology of villanelles-about-love. So sorry for apparently losing two of you (I'm new to this); it was totally inadvertent, and I hang my head in shame. Hope to make it up to you one day. Really.

And as for everyone whose submissions I received, I can't thank you enough. I meant what I said when I responded to you, i.e. that I felt something akin to awe when I kept receiving excellent poem after excellent poem. 309 in all! Narrowing these down to 60 was a painful process, as you can imagine, and I appreciate how gracious you all have been--especially those to whom I said No. Did I say "painful"? It was.

But I'll close on a more cheerful note by reporting to you that the book is percolating along very nicely toward publication, which should happen in January, 2019. I will report back to you during the interim.

It feels good to be back at Eratosphere! --and I know I need not remind all the US members to be sure to vote today. But of course you already have.
Unread 11-06-2018, 06:00 PM
Administrator

Hi Marilyn,

May I say thank you, on behalf of all of us from Eratosphere who submitted villanelles to you, for the chance to be published in your anthology.

Some of us had to be disappointed - you had a difficult and unenviable task in accepting or rejecting the entries - but I'm sure I speak for everyone in saying that the book is eagerly awaited! I'm proud to know so many of the excellent poets who will be contained therein.

(...Just let us know when you're planning Volume II )

Jayne
Unread 11-08-2018, 09:51 AM

Thanks so much for these kind words, Jayne. And further thanks to everyone else, as well.
Unread 11-25-2018, 01:17 PM

Galleys have arrived by PDF. Coulda been called Romp at the Villa Nelle, with a bunch of poets cavorting for at least 60 different reasons. Not all about Love, by the way, but certainly about the love of words, words on their best behavior, formally speaking.

Reading this thread (at last) I feel more honored than ever to be in it. (Where's the blushing emoji when you need it?)

Thank you, Marilyn!
Unread 11-25-2018, 03:10 PM

I’ve been reading the galley and enjoying it very much. It’s a wonderful collection.

Many thanks, Marilyn and James!