Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 03-05-2015, 10:56 PM

Ann,

A slightly different way of explaining what Sharon was saying:

http://www.ablemuse.com/erato/showpo...68&postcount=2

Same concept, really. The cat still gets skinny...

Thanks,

Bill
Unread 03-06-2015, 02:18 AM

Thank you, Sharon and Bill.

It's morning here, and I've just had eight hours of unbroken sleep and a modest breakfast. I think I have internalised all I found out last night and most of the terminology is hovering on the edges of comprehension.

The scariest part was not being able to undo what didn't work, and when I'd found out how to do that, I felt more at ease with the angst of experiment. I shall, however, rest my brain for a while, since a "thumbnail" that grows when clicked is a huge advance on a click-link that produced a fixed image the size of a postage stamp. The words "quit" and "winning" were the last to fade from my head as it hit the pillow.

Sharon, of course you may leave my wordy musings in situ. I just feared that it might be seen as off-topic goose-chattering, which is an unfortunate tendency of the yak. Thank you for your patience.

And Bill, I shall investigate the notion of an album and the notional ownership of its contents before tackling Herr Schrödinger's anorexic cat. Is that thread you linked to a specially-created one? One whereon I may experiment without imposing any more sandboxery on Sharon's forum? (a PM, perhaps?) Thank you

Last edited by Ann Drysdale; 03-06-2015 at 02:23 AM.
Unread 03-06-2015, 09:48 AM

That is Bill's reply to my new sticky post about posting images complete with 8 x10, color glossy photos, with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one...
http://www.ablemuse.com/erato/showthread.php?t=24311
Unread 03-06-2015, 10:37 AM

Sharon,
I do not have the ability to make albums in my CP. Is that something that I have to wait for since I'm something of a newbie?
Unread 03-06-2015, 11:18 AM

Hmmm I have no idea .....off to investigate....
Unread 03-06-2015, 11:28 AM

Sorry, Sharon - I'd no idea that was your thread - when I clicked on Bill's link it only showed Bill's post - though if I had a grain of intelligence, I'd've spotted that it was post #2.

I shall not venture therein for fear I break something.

I'm afraid I didn't do any more about this today but now, when I click on User CP as Bill suggests, I look left till my eyes ache and I'm danged if I can see "pictures and albums" either.

Lorraine - you are not alone!
Unread 03-06-2015, 06:51 PM

LOL! You guys are so diplomatic about my kludgy and mediocre advice. Fresh-baked, homemade brownies to you all, for being so nice.

(Before you bite into them, I should probably warn you that my cooking is also kludgy and mediocre.)
Unread 03-06-2015, 08:15 PM

I'm sorry - I have made a blunder. Apparently only moderators can make albums. *blush* A new set of destructions coming up soon. Until then, yes, go the attachment route.
Unread 03-06-2015, 09:01 PM

Yes, Julie had the correct method from the start. I apologize for my own kludgy mis-directions. The sticky post about posting images now has the proper steps. (I hope)
Unread 03-07-2015, 02:05 AM

Well, bless you all!

Julie, your "kludgy mediocrity" was perfectly understood by this here mediocre kludge because the language was honed to fit the level of my understanding, just as the wind is tempered to the shorn lamb. I will enjoy your brownies.

And Sharon, yours only appeared so because you (like Bill) didn't know about the lack of albums among the common folk. Marie Antoinette springs to mind and I am grinning as I write. "Let 'em make albums/eat brownies" - oh, hee hee...

And - hey! - don't forget I did it. Back there in post number 8; "Woman with Umbrella" - a piece of my own beloved art collection, bought and paid-for and posted in the forum.

It's win-win-win-win-win... eh, Lorraine?